I've always wondered in my quiet time why am I not living the crazy college life, having hangovers and parties after parties. Now, I can only say that I'm contented that I have a life of my own and doesn't go under "trends" yoke of slavery. Who said that college students must smoke, sleep around, club and be wild? Who laid down the rule that college students must have fun at the expense of themselves? There is nothing wrong with having fun while you're young. In fact, I had the most fun at this stage of my life. Just beware that you're not among the crowd that you do what you do just because all the others did it and everybody thinks you're cool if you would too. That just sounds so lame when you hear it unfolds in words, but it's the fact. XD Lest you will still feel empty deep-down when you're alone at night.
I went to try Sisha in town that day with my classmates and we laughed the hell out of it. We told our lecturer that we went to commit crime and he laughed at us too. He thought we're "cute". LOL!! The real challenge in college is not how much "coolness" you earn but how much maturity you gain from these short 3-6 years. Time flies. So I gotta remind myself what is the REAL stuff that I gotta do and that I won't regret when I look back in 15 years' time. As for now, I want to be a nerd when I'm studying, kick back and relax when I need it, and have tonnes of fun outa both when I live. Youths should be productive and contributing to the society instead of being a pest, a parasite to those who love them. Just like the song "live like we're dying"
No comments:
Post a Comment